With freezing temperatures in play, the last thing you want is to come home to a cold house due to a broken furnace. For this reason, it is important to be in constant recognition of when your furnace was put in and when it might be time to get a new one. On average a furnace can last 20-30 years so if you know your furnace is getting up there in age, you may want to be aware of some other signs that it is time for you to get a new furnace.
That being said, here is a list of signs that you may need a new furnace that you may want to look out for if you know your furnace is getting up there in age.
1) If you find yourself needing to get your furnace repaired frequently.
2) If while your furnace usage remains the same, but your bill increases.
3) If you begin to notice rooms in your house heating unevenly, if one room is hotter while others are colder.
4) If you notice your furnace turning on and off more frequently.
5) If you notice a humidity in your house that wasn’t always there.
6) If your furnace becomes noisier, rattling or humming.
7) If your furnace begins to produce dirt, dust or rust.
8) If you notice and cracked or corroding parts on the furnace itself.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us and we would be more than happy to help you with anything you need!
Elico Heating and Cooling
1151 Rigg Rd
Valparaiso, IN 46383 (219) 309-9314